WELCOME to Nest by Tamara blog

WELCOME to Nest by Tamara blog
Hi- It's Tamara. I'm happy you've stopped by, and since 2010 I've been sharing my passion for interior design, history, art, entertaining, travel & fashion. I am an interior designer, textile designer and writer living and working in New York City and East Hampton, Long Island. My musings have taken me to international design, art, antique and epicurean events and I have lots to share. I'm grateful to have been listed as the #1 top design blog, blogs to watch, top design blogs and named and awarded Rising Star of Design by the IFDA NY industry organization. Please feel free to reach out to our team for an interior design consultation at NestbyTamara.com -Tamara

SFC&G magazine showcases California sensibilities in design & entertaining: Paul Vincent Wiseman's home & table delights!



 photography, James Merkl 

I Love California Style, Don't You?  
I must admit I have the Golden State on my mind because I'm fresh off the airplane after helping with the Latin Food Festival in San Diego. Who doesn't fall for gorgeous landscapes, ocean, historic architecture and the easy way the locals live and entertain in California? With an earthy lifestyle that abides by  farm-to-table principles on an everyday basis, I personally yearn to bottle that and bring it home to New York City.  Today, I'm offering glimpses of a feature in the September issue of SFC&G magazine showing interior designer Paul Vincent Wiseman's home as he celebrates his newly published book "Inner Spaces" which highlights the many design projects spanning his career.  I promise once over there you will at once be transported to a happy place and inspired by Northern California.  The entire piece is filled with delicious design throughout as writer Linda O'Keeffe takes us through Wiseman's Belvedere cottage that he and his partner Richard Snyder aptly named "Spa Belvedere". 

 Please see a few images from the SFC&G story below, and I hope you will read the editorial about Paul Vincent Wiseman's Home & Table in the magazine written by Linda O'Keeffe, and photographs by James Merkl.  Since the magazine's launch last spring, SFC&G continues the refreshing and unique style of reporting on design that the Cottages and Gardens family of publications has built upon.  I am proud to report that I have my own editorial written for NYC&G this very month.  My feature made the cover of the magazine and I hope you'll stop by to read about this art-filled Carnegie Hill gem in New York City as well.  

Happy Nesting
XO Tamara
“a characteristic of any good host is the desire to make everyone 
who enters feel supremely relaxed.” 
Paul Vincent Wiseman,
featured in SFC&G September issue