WELCOME to Nest by Tamara blog

WELCOME to Nest by Tamara blog
Hi- It's Tamara. I'm happy you've stopped by, and since 2010 I've been sharing my passion for interior design, history, art, entertaining, travel & fashion. I am an interior designer, textile designer and writer living and working in New York City and East Hampton, Long Island. My musings have taken me to international design, art, antique and epicurean events and I have lots to share. I'm grateful to have been listed as the #1 top design blog, blogs to watch, top design blogs and named and awarded Rising Star of Design by the IFDA NY industry organization. Please feel free to reach out to our team for an interior design consultation at NestbyTamara.com -Tamara

domino's Fall Dinner In the LongHouse Barn created by chef Molly O'Neill with the help of KitchenAid Has Me Smitten


Last weekend's pumpkin picking in Watermill started me thinking about my Fall entertaining and decorating.  Returning home with armfuls of white pumpkins, green and unusual shaped gourds and a bushel of apples, my seasonal decorating wheels are spinning.  I'm hoping to utilize topiary, greenery, flowers, pumpkins and root vegetables for the kitchen I will be stylizing for Art of The Table at the Bilotta kitchen on October 23 in New York City, so please stay tuned.  Today, I took to the computer to check out some of my favorite sites and inspiration quickly grabs my attention over at domino magazine's fall feast dinner in the current issue.

  Let's just start with my continual obsession with barns.  An autumn dinner table set under the historic eaves of a country barn sounds fantastic.  Chef Molly O'Neill is a five-time James Beard award winner and food writer/chef.  Dividing her time between Brooklyn and a farm in upstate New York, O'Neill helped upgrade a friend's farm called LongHouse Barn into a gorgeous cultural and culinary center. Read more about this wonderful place and the event O'Neill created in the full story here.  And, check out the video of Molly O'Neill offering  entertaining tips here.  
“cooking is just another form of artistic expression—and my favorite
way to spend time with people.”

Molly O'Neill, feature in domino magazine
How fresh looking are these urns filled with 
greenery to create a lovely fall arrangement? 

The barn's kitchen was once made up of a collection of hot plates, but newly transformed by sponsor KitchenAidLongHouse Barn is exquisite and ready to celebrate. 
I love how Molly pulled together burlap runners, greenery, casual multi textured chairs, and the bounties of the farm season in this newly transformed barn to create a festive event. I find it helpful when reading domino that many of the items featured are then offered up for sale giving us the option to buy them and re-create the looks they show their readers. 
 Kudos to Molly for inspiring us this fall! 
Happy Nesting
XO Tamara