WELCOME to Nest by Tamara blog

WELCOME to Nest by Tamara blog
Hi- It's Tamara. I'm happy you've stopped by, and since 2010 I've been sharing my passion for interior design, history, art, entertaining, travel & fashion. I am an interior designer, textile designer and writer living and working in New York City and East Hampton, Long Island. My musings have taken me to international design, art, antique and epicurean events and I have lots to share. I'm grateful to have been listed as the #1 top design blog, blogs to watch, top design blogs and named and awarded Rising Star of Design by the IFDA NY industry organization. Please feel free to reach out to our team for an interior design consultation at NestbyTamara.com -Tamara

More donated art and lovely framing thanks to JPocker, Bunny Williams and artist Karen J. Revis to brighten up my dining room at Design On A Dime on April 24 in NYC


Royal Blue Summer collection
by J.Pocker framing
 I have objects of the sea 
on my mind 
as I plan my 
French seaside cottage dining room 
scheme for 
Design On A Dime.  
Today, I stopped into my favorite framing shop in NYC, J.Pocker to chat with owner, Robyn Pocker and see new collections and projects they have brewing.  Robyn showed me this lovely display of blue sea life illustrations and botanicals.  Each one is more rich and detailed than the next, take a look...




Robyn also showed me an art collaboration called J.Pocker Bunny Williams, a new collection of hand-picked pieces from talented interior designer Bunny William's personal collection. Pocker reproduces the works and offers them individually or as cohesive groupings.  


The icing on the cake for me, thanks to both J.Pocker and Bunny Williams, is they donated this French-looking scene to my room at Housingwork's Design On A Dime on April 24.  The colors, and the feeling of the piece work perfectly with my aesthetic.
Harvest 
Additionally, J. Pocker generously offered to frame another donated piece of art to the project by local, Brooklyn artist, Karen J. Revis.  Robyn suggested mounting the beautiful orange and red painting on Mylar to a cream colored board then framing it in a silver frame.  When hung onto my blue and silver Farrow & Ball wallpaper, the look will be divine.  

I feel blessed to have the generosity of talented artists who have gifted their works to the space.  Karen's gorgeous pieces are unique, in a linear strie-ish pattern, and I look forward to visiting her Brooklyn art studio soon.

"Most of all, I am an experimenter, committed to exploring the boundary between the finite and infinite.  In both my paintings and prints, I use multiple materials and tools to push paint in a way that appeals to my sense of harmony while expressing the fundamental joy of the ineffable."
Visual Artist

Check out more of Karen's art...
Orange Helena 30 x 32 - mixed media on Plexi
Yellow Regina  30" x 30" - mixed media on Plexi

Please note, all items in my French-inspired dining room at the Metropolitan Pavilion will be for sale the evening of April 24, and priced at between 50-70% off of their retail price.  Please purchase tickets for the event, and also learn more about me and my sponsors here!
Happy Nesting
XO Tamara